They say that life is unpredictable. But what's the reason for that? I think we'll never know. But what I do feel is that the person responsible for this is the big man above. I feel he's been pretty random when it comes to sowing my life with unexpected events and outcomes. Most of the time, it's all been positive however.

Just last week, I had made a decision to stay in my warm and fuzzy corner at my current workplace, a decision spurred by the fact that it was a comfortable place to be and the pay was decent. Also, I was happy.

Of course, in the back of my mind, I still yearned for deliverance - something which I've prayed for ever since I knew how to pray. Indeed, the past couple of years I have been incessantly praying for some divine help to show me where I must go in life.

But then, I also realised that maybe if he showed me the path I also wouldn't know what it would look like.

It's not like he's going to send an angel down to me and the angel will take a classified ad, shove it in my face and say, 'NAH, THIS ONE LAH, WHAT YOU WAITING FOR? THIS HUAN WILL MAKE CHIU HEYPI!'

You get the picture. Still, I did not give up hope.

Then last week, just when I had made a decision to stay, a call came from someone I know about a potential opportunity.

Call it fate, or providence, but it really did come at the exact moment when I was about to relay my decision to commit to my current management. A few days later, I decided to take it up.

In all honesty, I have no idea what I'm doing. It's very much a leap of faith. As Donald Trump says, sometimes, you've just got to trust your instincts. And making this move feels quite right, even though I've been literally ripped out of my comfort zone and thrust into action.

As a consequence, I've had to partake in a flurry of activities over the past few days.

It's pretty exhausting, especially since I have to juggle my new duties with the demands of my current job, which I have to stay in until the date when I officially step out of the door.

But at the same time, it's a happy kind of tired. So far, I'm quite thrilled with what I'm doing.

As I've said before, I don't know where this will lead. But as my new superior says, as long as you have passion, luck will come. So I'm just going to plunge headlong into this and pray once again that I will end up somewhere much better than where I am now in a few years time.

And I must never forget those who made it happen. Especially the big man above, for I am eternally grateful to for having provided for me and my family over these years.


This entry was posted on 4:34 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: